uninitialized constant ActionWebService

Hey guys

I am very much new to ruby. I was just trying to implement a websrvice example in Ruby on Rails by using "IBM Developer; i got the error like this.can any one help me to resolve this issue.

ActionWebService was removed from rails something like 2 years ago. You can install gems like datanoise-actionwebservice to get that functionality back.

Fred

Frederick Cheung wrote:

Hi

Thnq very much for your quick response, I instaled datanoise-actionwebservice gem as you suggested but result is smae. I don't know why it is happening can u suggest me one more solution.

You have to do step1 - sudo gem install datanoise-actionwebservice --source http://gems.github.com

This will install datanoiseactionwebservice version 2.3.2

Step2 - in config/environment.rb under the section # Add additional load paths for your own custom dirs add the line

config.load_paths += %W( #{RAILS_ROOT}/app/apis )

step3 - in config/environment.rb under the section #Specify gems that this application..... add the line

config.gem 'datanoise-actionwebservice', :lib => 'actionwebservice', :version => '2.3.2'

Sijo

Sijo k g wrote in post #866581:

Hi

Thnq very much for your quick response, I instaled datanoise-actionwebservice gem as you suggested but result is smae. I don't know why it is happening can u suggest me one more solution.

You have to do step1 - sudo gem install datanoise-actionwebservice --source http://gems.github.com

This will install datanoiseactionwebservice version 2.3.2

Step2 - in config/environment.rb under the section # Add additional load paths for your own custom dirs add the line

config.load_paths += %W( #{RAILS_ROOT}/app/apis )

step3 - in config/environment.rb under the section #Specify gems that this application..... add the line

config.gem 'datanoise-actionwebservice', :lib => 'actionwebservice', :version => '2.3.2'

Sijo

hello, Step 1 and 2 worked for me, but step 3 throws error.My datanoiseactionwebservice version is 2.3.5

Please help...