errornous WSDL output for complex type

Not sure if you'll get much help on this; 1.2.6 is over 2 years old now, and there's been a pretty big move away from the whole WSDL/SOAP system.

You may want to take a look at this project, which brings ActionWebService into Rails 2.3-land:

http://github.com/datanoise/actionwebservice

--Matt Jones

Thanks Matt for the response. I thought nobody is going to reply! Initially I started with Rails 2.3.3 only but even the basic web service was not working. The error was "Uninitialized constant actionwebservice". I have tried all the options but could not get around. I have tried with datanoise(as mentioned in your mail) as well but different error. Probably you can help. Here is my API class.

Thanks Matt for the response. I thought nobody is going to reply! Initially I started with Rails 2.3.3 only but even the basic web service was not working. The error was "Uninitialized constant actionwebservice". I have tried all the options but could not get around. I have tried with datanoise(as mentioned in your mail) as well but different error. Probably you can help. Here is my API class.

******* require 'action_service' class PersonAPI < ActionService::Base export :add, :expects => [Integer], :returns => [Integer] end ******* I get "uninitialized constant ActionService::Exporting::ClassMethods::Inflector" error. Can you tell me what could be the problem?

No idea - I've never actually done much with the SOAP stuff. I can't even find a reference in the datanoise/actionwebservice code that would *generate* an error like that. Do you have a recent version?

So FINALLY I downgraded to Rails 1.2.6 and it worked smoothly thereafter. It doesn't throw such weird errors. I am still looking for the solution with Rails 2.3. Do you have any "working" tutorial or something? That would be very helpful.

Google couldn't find any that looked useful; you may want to see if the examples in the datanoise repo are helpful.

--Matt Jones