undefined method `symbolize_keys' for

Hi,

I am getting the error: undefined method `symbolize_keys' for "/contents/index_books/13":String

for the following:

<%= link_to(image_tag src= asset_path("#{subject.icon}" + '.png'), index_books_path(:subject_id => subject.id)) %>

I understand that a hash is expected and a string is being found, but not sure why. Is my syntax incorrect?

Thanks,

Dave Castellano

Try fixing the “src=” bit. That’s HTML, not Ruby.

Dave Aronson wrote in post #1162130:

Try fixing the "src=" bit. That's HTML, not Ruby.

<%= link_to(image_tag asset_path("#{subject.icon}" + '.png'), index_books_path(:subject_id => subject.id)) %> still throws same error.

<%= image_tag asset_path("#{subject.icon}" + '.png') %> works fine so I am assuming its the link_to and not the image_tag.

Dave

<%= link_to(image_tag asset_path("#{subject.icon}" + '.png'), index_books_path(:subject_id => subject.id)) %> still throws same error.

I suspect you are passing index_books_path() as a second parameter to image_tag.

<%= image_tag asset_path("#{subject.icon}" + '.png') %> works fine so I am assuming its the link_to and not the image_tag.

A wrong assumption I think

Colin

Try it without attempting to elide the parentheses around the single argument of image_tag:

<%= link_to(image_tag(                       asset_path("#{subject.icon}" + '.png')                                                             ),             index_books_path(:subject_id => subject.id)            ) %>

Your version is almost certainly being interpreted as if you had put:

<%= link_to(image_tag(asset_path("#{subject.icon}" + '.png'),                       index_books_path(:subject_id => subject.id)                      )            ) %>

OK, Got it!! Thanks for the help!

Dave Castellano