undefined method `start_form_tag'

I tried to generate the form using

<%= start_form_tag :action => ‘create’ %> in app/view/book/new.rhtml

and when i browse to localhost:3000/book/new i got the following error

undefined method `start_form_tag’ for #ActionView::Base:0xb67231f0

Please help me to solve this

Thanks

I tried to generate the form using <%= start_form_tag :action => ‘create’ %> in app/view/book/new.rhtml

and when i browse to localhost:3000/book/new i got the following error

undefined method `start_form_tag’ for #ActionView::Base:0xb67231f0

Start_form_tag and end_form_tag were deprecated in Rails 2.0. Use Rails 3 documentation to see the proper use of form_tag.

B.

In addition if you are using an ancient tutorial then stop and find an up to date one that uses Rails 3. The free online one at railstutorial.org is not bad.

Colin

Colin Law Thanks for reply.I am using rails version 2.3.8.Is this reason for getting the error? The link which you suggessted for tutorials provide stuff paid!Is there any good free tutorials for RoR?

Thanks

Colin Law Thanks for reply.I am using rails version 2.3.8.Is this reason for getting the error?

As Bryan said those were deprecated and presumably are now no longer there, so yes I expect so.

The link which you suggessted for tutorials provide stuff paid!Is there any good free tutorials for RoR?

It is free to use online (rather than downloading complete tutorial). Click in the first paragraph of railstutorial.org where it says 'available for free online'.

I suggest you upgrade to Rails 3 first though. There is no point starting with an out of date version (2.3.8) unless you need to maintain legacy code.

Colin