undefined method `fixtures' problem

Hello,

I posted a couple of days ago regarding a problem I had with restful authentication test failing. So, I tried it again. I started a new application, installed restful authentication, ran the tests and they all passed. So, the problem is not with the plugin. I do have another problem though and appreciate your help.

I use rails 2.3.2 with restful authentication and resource_controller plugins. I created categories, products and pages using scaffold_resource.... This creates tests for me. I haven't changed anything in the tests just yet. However, when running 'rake', all the unit tests pass but the functional tests do not. I get an error that says (among other things):

./test/functional/categories_controller_test.rb:8: undefined method `fixtures' for CategoriesControllerTest:Class (NoMethodError) from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.2/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:147:in `load_without_new_constant_marking' .... rake aborted! Command failed with status (1): [/usr/local/bin/ruby -I"/...]

Looks like scafold_resource has created tests with the old boiler plate - the above can be replaced by

require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/../test_helper' class CategoriesControllerTest < ActionController::TestCase ... end

and you no longer need to have the setup method that creates @request, @response, @controller. (this assumes that you have fixtures :all in test_helper.rb which I believe is the default)

Fred

Changing class CategoriesControllerTest < Test::Unit::TestCase to class CategoriesControllerTest < ActionController::TestCase ran my tests. Now I have some failures to fix :slight_smile:

Thanks Fred.

Elle