Restful_Authentication test failure

Hello,

I've been searching for an answer and couldn't find one -- so I thought I'd post my question.

I am using rails 2.3.2, Restful_Authentications and Role_Requirement. I haven't created any users yet or limited any models just yet. When running rake I get the following failure:

1) Failure: test_should_create_user(UserTest)     [/test/unit/user_test.rb:12:in `test_should_create_user'      /test/unit/user_test.rb:10:in `test_should_create_user']: Name has already been taken. <false> is not true.

But I also get: /usr/local/bin/ruby -I"*/lib" -I"*/test" "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/ gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake/rake_test_loader.rb" "test/functional/ categories_controller_test.rb" "test/functional/ products_controller_test.rb" "test/functional/ sessions_controller_test.rb" "test/functional/ users_controller_test.rb" ./test/functional/categories_controller_test.rb:8: undefined method `fixtures' for CategoriesControllerTest:Class (NoMethodError)         from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake/ rake_test_loader.rb:5:in `load'         from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake/ rake_test_loader.rb:5         from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake/ rake_test_loader.rb:5:in `each'         from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake/ rake_test_loader.rb:5 /usr/local/bin/ruby -I"*/lib" -I"*/test" "/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/ gems/rake-0.8.4/lib/rake/rake_test_loader.rb" Errors running test:units and test:functionals!

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks, Elle

What version of Restful_Authentication are you using? Can you post perhaps the top 10 lines of your test/unit/user_test.rb and test/functional/users_controller_test.rb files?

Not sure of version -- installed plugin about 3 days ago.

Take a look at this ticket:

http://rails_security.lighthouseapp.com/projects/15332/tickets/44-undefined-method-fixtures

and this (short) thread a few days ago:

http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk/browse_thread/thread/5d00638a5f4ed430/f0ba10b7851d78ae?lnk=gst&q=undefined+method+#f0ba10b7851d78ae

Not a solution, but at least some explanation of what’s happening.

My user_test.rb already had: class UserTest < ActiveSupport::TestCase Instead of class UserTest < Test::Unit::TestCase

And changing it to class UserTest < ActiveRecord::TestCase did not change the error I am getting.

Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing?

Thanks

The next thing is to get someone more clever than me to chime in with a real answer. :slight_smile: