Unable to update form...

I'm new to Rails, and have been reading up on it like crazy... Anyway, I built a form using render :partial, and it works fine when creating a new record, however, am having a hell of a time saving modifications to it... Here is my edit.html.erb file:

Code :

1. <% form_tag :action => 'update', :id => @score do %>    2. <%= render :partial => 'form' %>    3. <%= submit_tag 'Edit' %>    4. <% end %>

The response that I receive from the browser is as follows:

Unknown action No action responded to 10

In my controller file, I have the following:

Code :

1.    2. def update    3. @score = Score.find(params[:id])    4. if @score.update_attributes(params[:score])    5. flash[:notice] = 'Score was successfully updated.'    6. redirect_to scores_path    7. else    8. render :action => 'edit'    9. end   10. end

Am I missing something? Thanks! Matt

Mathieu Manny wrote:

Code :

1.    2. def update    3. @score = Score.find(params[:id])    4. if @score.update_attributes(params[:score])    5. flash[:notice] = 'Score was successfully updated.'    6. redirect_to scores_path    7. else    8. render :action => 'edit'    9. end   10. end

I think you want to say "redirect_to :action => 'scores_path'".

-S

If he's got restful routes, he's fine with his redirect_to... I use it all the time, like "redirect_to projects_path"

What's inside the form partial? Since edit.html.erb has a form tag, the form partial shouldn't include a form tag, or a form_for.

You are in not rule of your routes.rb, because the error said that cant process ID=10

I suggest you do it :

1.    2.def update    3. @score = Score.find(params[:id])    4. respond_to do |format|    5. if @score.update_attributes(params[:score])    6. flash[:notice] = 'Score was successfully updated.'    7. format.html{redirect_to scores_path(@score) }    8. else    9. format.html{render :action => 'edit'}   10. end   11. end   12.end

Answered on Sunday, 28-Sept-2008 By : Y Reinhart AP Blog : Teapoci.Blogspot.com