Two links with one action

Hi,

How do I have two links that does the same action, save, and redirects to different pages when different links are clicked. I am now using <%= link_to_function 'Previous', "$('form_id').submit()" -%>

Example: When user click the 'Previous' link, he will be redirected to the previous page. If the user click the 'Next' link, he will be redirected to the next page.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Hi,    In link_to_function tag you can pass the id also depends upon the id you can redirect the pages.

link_to_function("Previous", "$('form_id').submit()", :id => "previous")     link_to_function("Next", "$('form_id').submit()", :id => "next")

Regards

Abirami s

Abirami Selvam wrote:

Hi,    In link_to_function tag you can pass the id also depends upon the id you can redirect the pages.

link_to_function("Previous", "$('form_id').submit()", :id => "previous")     link_to_function("Next", "$('form_id').submit()", :id => "next")

Regards

Abirami s

Hi, I tried the link_to_function("Previous", "$('form_id').submit()", :id => "previous")      link_to_function("Next", "$('form_id').submit()", :id => "next")

and in the controller,

if params[:id] == "previous"    redirect_to :action => 'previous_page' elsif params[:id] == "next"    redirect_to :action => 'next_page' end

It gives me MISSING TEMPLATE error.Can someone tell me where did I go wrong?

Thanks

Hi,   do you have the rhtml page for previous_page and next_page

regards

Abirami

Abirami Selvam wrote:

Hi,   do you have the rhtml page for previous_page and next_page

regards

Abirami

Hi,

Yes I do have previous_page.rhtml and next_page.rhtml. The MISSING TEMPLATE error says that my save action's template is missing not the page that I want to redirect to is missing. I tried to use put to print out the id and the result it prints out is nil. How do I let my controller get the id from the link_to_function ?

Thanks

Hi,   Syntax for the link_to_function is

link_to_function(name, *args, &block)

link_to_function("Previous",{:formId=>'form_id'},:id=>'previous')

you can try this.... May be the params[:formId] have the value.

Regards

Abirami S

Abirami Selvam wrote:

Hi,   Syntax for the link_to_function is

link_to_function(name, *args, &block)

link_to_function("Previous",{:formId=>'form_id'},:id=>'previous')

you can try this.... May be the params[:formId] have the value.

Regards

Abirami S

Hi,

I tried the above code and it gives me an error saying, formIdform_id is not defined. And it doesn't submit anymore. Where did I do wrong?

Thanks

Hi,    can you explain clearly from start

Regards

Abirami S