Turbo make browser look like page is loading

Hi,

I use Turbo in my app for page navigations. I really like this but I dislike how from the browsers perspective, it doesn’t appear to the user that a new page is loading (because technically it’s not a new navigation).

Is there a way to make the browser loading bar animate and the loading spinner become active rather than the fake loading progress bar that Turbo adds at the top?

I feel like it would make navigating these one page apps more consistent with multi page apps.

Thanks

You might have more luck asking on the Hotwire forums:

But I would be curious to know about that too, so let us know here if you find something :smile:

Hello there, I have gone through your query and understand your concern about the perceived lack of loading feedback. In this case you can create custom loading indicators. This approach gives you complete control over the user experience and provides a more conventional loading feedback. Hope this will be helpful.

Yeh, it’s not a custom loader that I want. I would love if Turbo navigation could use the browser’s native loading UI. I know about the custom progress bar (I use it already).

I’m SURE i’ve read in the past about a new API that may allow this but I can’t find any reference to it.