Trouble with rspec and FactoryGirl Sequence

I'm following Michael Hartl's Ruby on Rails 3 Tutorial but I'm using Rails 3.2.8 and FactoryGirl 4.2.0 and rspec 2.14.1 I'm in chapter 10 trying to generate tests for pagination (using will_paginate 3.2.5 which works fine in dev)

I can get FactoryGirl to test just fine if I don't use Sequence but I can't seem to figure out the correct syntax to test pagination using sequence. Very new to Ruby.

Here's what my factories.rb looks like: FactoryGirl.define do   factory :user do     name "John Smith"     sequence :email do |n|       "person-#{n}@factory.com"     end     password "foobar"     password_confirmation "foobar"   end end

Here's the relevant section of my users_controller_spec.rb: require 'spec_helper'   describe UsersController do     .     .     describe "GET 'index'" do       .       .       describe "for signed-in users" do         before(:each) do           @user = test_sign_in(FactoryGirl.create(:user))           second = FactoryGirl.create(:user,                    :email => "another@example.com")           third = FactoryGirl.create(:user,                    :email => "another@example.net")           @users = [@user, second, third]           30.times do           @users << FactoryGirl.create(:user,                     :email => FactoryGirl.generate(:email))         end       end

it "should have the right title" do         get :index         response.should have_selector("title", :content => "All users")       end       .       .

All my "get :index" tests are failing in the "for signed-in users" block fail. They don't fail if I just manually create a list of 30 users so something is wrong with how I am trying to sequence or generate.

Thanks for helping this newb..

Don't do this, for a tutorial always use exactly the version of everything that the tutorial expects, otherwise you never know why things are not working correctly. You never know whether it is because you have mis-typed something from the tutorial or just a difference because of the different versions. Why can you not use the expected versions?

Colin