Trouble with installing RMagick, please help

Hi I'm trying to install RMagick 1.14.1. I have ImageMagick already installed on my machine which is running Solaris 10 on it. when ever I try to run the ./configure it creshes out complainging about: configure: error: Can't install RMagick. Can't find libMagick or one of the dependent libraries.                   Check the config.log file for more detailed information.

checking the config.log I get this message; configure:2501: gcc -o conftest -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib -R/usr/lib -L/usr/lib -R/usr/openwin/lib -L/usr/openwin/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -R/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib -R/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib -L/usr/openwin/lib -R/usr/openwin/lib -L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib -lfreetype -lz -L/usr/local/lib conftest.c -lMagick -lMagick -ltiff -lfreetype -ljpeg -L/usr/local/lib -lfontconfig -lXext -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lsocket -lnsl -lXt -lbz2 -lz -lpthread -lm -lpthread -lWand -lMagick >&5 Undefined first referenced symbol in file libiconv_open /usr/local/lib/libfontconfig.so libiconv /usr/local/lib/libfontconfig.so ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest

on fact even when I try to just compile something with the -lMagick library it spits out the complaint about libiconv_open and fontconfig. Has anyone any ideas? if so please help.