Trouble Running my app

Im having trouble running my app :frowning:

I get the error message application error rails failed to start properly.

So not being a total idiot(I may regret saying that) i checked the logs and there was a problem in the server log only. It stated premature end to headers for dispatch.cgi

I then tried to run the dispatch.cgi from a terminal expecting to see error 500 but instead i get this:

matt@as public]# ./dispatch.cgi Status: 400 Bad Request /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.0/lib/active_support/ dependencies.rb:405:in `to_constant_name': Anonymous modules have no name to be referenced by (ArgumentError) from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.0/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:215:in `qualified_name_for' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.0/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:477:in `const_missing' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.1/lib/dispatcher.rb:117:in `reset_after_dispatch' from /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.1/lib/dispatcher.rb:51:in `dispatch' from ./dispatch.cgi:10

Which means nothing to me and google isn't bringing anything up :frowning:

I have tried to reinstall rails and also updated gems and again no luck:(

Any clues at all would be most helpful

Cheers in advance

Matt

Has nobody any ideas how I should go about solving this?

Its really annoying me now:(

Please im going insane. if there is anymore information that is required please dont hesitate to ask I will provide it. I just cant see the problem and my efforts with google have been exhausted.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Try the rails-deploy list with this question. It looks more like an infrastructure question. Can you start any Rails app? If you haven't tried it, just create a small table, then scaffold a model / controller on it and work up from there.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Bill

Cheers Bill didn't know such a place existed thanks.

Incidently I can get the scaffold working etc, and also can run the webrick server too.

Just can't run the main apache way.

Thanks again

as Bill said, try simple things first Matt.

build a new project, and serve that from apache.

If that doesn't work, and it serves from webrick, then you've got an apache config problem - which might include file permissions, etc.

If it does, then you're likely dealing with an old (pre 1.2) project? did you run "rake rails:update" - does your environment.rb set a specific rails version to run?

narrowing down your scope of concerns, will help you post info that can help us help you. The deploy list has a bunch of crazy-deploy-fu people (who are likely here as well), but the signal-to-noise ratio is higher there.

Jodi