trouble invoking dispatch.rb via cgi on IIS5

Howdy folks. I'm trying to get a rails app running behind IIS5. Yes, I know, I know, but my hands are tied. After much banging my head against FastCGI and friends, I've decided to try to get it working using vanilla CGI first and then maybe attempt something more ambitious.

I mapped .rb to 'c:\ruby\bin\rubyw.exe "%s" %s' in IIS's Application Configuration, Application Mappings dialog, making sure to uncheck the "Check that file exists" box. Thereafter, I tried to hit one of my applications' URLs through dispatch.rb:

http://localhost/dispatch.rb/patrons/login

and sadly, I get this stacktrace:

CGI Error The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.3.1.5618/lib/active_suppo rt/dependencies.rb:399:in `to_constant_name': Anonymous modules have no name to be referenced by (ArgumentError)   from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.3.1.5618/lib/active_suppo rt/dependencies.rb:211:in `qualified_name_for'   from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.3.1.5618/lib/active_suppo rt/dependencies.rb:470:in `const_missing'   from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.1.6.5618/lib/dispatcher.rb:116:in `reset_after_dispatch'   from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.1.6.5618/lib/dispatcher.rb:51:in `dispatch'   from C:/sites/npl/public/dispatch.rb:10

I'm using rails-1.2rc1 with ruby-1.8.4, winxpsp2, iis5. Any suggestions?

- donald

I've never tried this, but the things to check are:

1) What's in your path under IIS and what version of Ruby does it point to? 2) Does your shebag #! line in dispatch.cgi point to someplace other than c:\ruby\bin\rubyw.exe?

Let everyone know in case we need to deploy under IIS.

Ball, Donald A Jr (Library) wrote: