Tiny Bug Report: Typo possibly?

My first time out; I’m reading Michael Hartl’s book, and installing according to the instructions on Rubyonrails.org.

Everything fine until the end of the command “gem install rails”. The last three lines of the installation report on screen were:

Installing ri documentation for actionpack-4.1.4…

ERROR: While generating documentation for actionpack-4.1.4

… MESSAGE: Invalid argument - ./ActionDispatch/Routing/Mapper/Scoping/:

… RDOC args: --ri --op C:/Ruby193/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/doc/actionpack-4.1.4/ri lib --title actionpack-4.1.4 Documentation --quiet

Cheers,

-dlj.

My first time out; I'm reading Michael Hartl's book, and installing according to the instructions on Rubyonrails.org.

Does it say that the install instructions are for Windows and for rails 4.1?. You have not provided a specific link so I am not able to check. If they are not specifically for Windows then they are unlikely to work.

Colin

We will have someone look at that. Can you also open a ticket on GitHub? We usually track the bug progress overthere. (If you mention me @sikachu on that that’d be great as well).

In the meantime, you should be able to do gem install rails --no-ri --no-rdoc which skips the local documentation generation.

Thanks!

-Prem