the vendor dir, gems and openid

Dear all,

I am currently developing an application which uses OpenID as a login system. On my development box everything works like a charm. But as soon as I deploy the code to our production server things go wrong. First the OpenID gem could not be located. This made sense as it is not installed on the production server, so after some browsing it appeared that I needed: $ cd /path/to/railsapp/vendor $ gem unpack ruby-openid Added all to SVN and re-deployed. Still no love. Resulting error:

' MissingSourceFile no such file to load -- openid'

OK, so apparently that did not work, inspecting my openid_controller.rb I say that 'openid' is only loaded when the require_gem command failed:

require "pathname" require "cgi"

# load the openid library begin   require "rubygems"   require_gem "ruby-openid", ">= 1.0.2" rescue LoadError   require "openid" end

I tried 'require "ruby-openid-1.1.4"' and 'require "ruby-openid"' instead of the require_gem as I read that the method would soon be deprecated. But still it failed to locate the unpack gem in the vendor dir. My vendor dir looks as follows: total 12 drwxrwxr-x 3 harm harm 4096 2007-01-24 21:51 plugins drwxrwxr-x 6 harm harm 4096 2007-01-24 21:51 ruby-openid-1.1.4 drwxrwxr-x 6 harm harm 4096 2007-01-24 21:51 ruby-yadis-0.3.4

Does anybody see what I am doing wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.

With kind regards, Harm