tests fail after activerecord rename_column

I've renamed a column in an activerecord table by migrating. I searched and changed all references from <old column name> to <new column name> in source / tests.

However, a lot of my tests now fail with errors of the type : SQLException ... table has no column named <old column name>.

I also did a grep and can't find any references to <old column name> in the project directory.

Which files could be using the <old column name> ? Are there some binary files that I need to clear ? I'm using Rails 3.

You might need to run `rake db:test:prepare`.

I'll ask the stupid question first -- did you restart the server?

Walter

You might need to run `rake db:test:prepare`.

If the test database was still the old format then I would have expected the error when running the tests to be of the form SQLException ... table has no column named <new column name> rather than no column <old column name>

@OP if your original post was incorrect and the error *is* saying that there is no column <new name> then I think djangst is probably correct. If your original post is correct then you must be referencing the old column name somewhere. Have a look in test.log and see if that gives any clues.

Colin