SVN and Rails problem

Jim Neath wrote:

Hi guys,

I've finally managed to get my server up and running with mongrel_cluster and all that jazz. My rails app works fine, but when I try to access my svn repos as I was doing before everything was setup rail is giving me a 404.

I usually find it easier to create a separate subdomain for Subversion, say svn.example.com. Then you can have a separate virtualhost for your repository and won't have to fiddle too much with Apache routing.

Jim Neath wrote:

Jacob Atzen wrote:

Jim Neath wrote:

Hi guys,

I've finally managed to get my server up and running with mongrel_cluster and all that jazz. My rails app works fine, but when I try to access my svn repos as I was doing before everything was setup rail is giving me a 404.

I usually find it easier to create a separate subdomain for Subversion, say svn.example.com. Then you can have a separate virtualhost for your repository and won't have to fiddle too much with Apache routing.

> I don't suppose you have an example of how I would do this. I'm not very

good with server type stuff.

You will need to setup the subdomain in DNS. Then you will need to restore your previous virtualhost config (the one where svn was working). Keep your current virtualhost (the one where your Rails app is working) and add the svn one so you have two separate virtualhosts.

My virtualhost for svn looks like this (except I changed the domain):

<VirtualHost *:80>      ServerAdmin jacob@example.com      DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data/repositories      ServerName svn.example.com      ErrorLog /var/log/apache/svn-error_log      CustomLog /var/log/apache/svn-access_log common      <Directory /usr/local/www/data/>        AllowOverride All      </Directory>      <Location />        DAV svn        SVNParentPath /home/svn/repositories        Satisfy Any        AuthType Basic        AuthName "Subversion repository"        AuthUserFile /home/svn/svn-users        AuthzSVNAccessFile /home/svn/svn-access        Require valid-user      </Location> </VirtualHost>

Jim Neath wrote:

Actually I've managed to setup the subdomain but now when I try to commit stuff I'm getting a PROPFIND 301 error.

Here's my conf file:

LoadModule dav_svn_module modules/mod_dav_svn.so LoadModule authz_svn_module modules/mod_authz_svn.so

NameVirtualHost 75.126.60.178

<VirtualHost 75.126.60.178:80>     ServerName fapbox.com     [...SNIP...] </VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 75.126.60.178:80>     ServerName svn.fapbox.com     ServerAlias www.svn.fapbox.com     DocumentRoot /usr/local/svn/repos/private     ServerAdmin webmaster@svn.fapbox.com     CustomLog /usr/local/apache/domlogs/svn.fapbox.com combined     CustomLog /usr/local/apache/domlogs/svn.fapbox.com-bytes_log "%{%s}t %I .\n%{%s}t %O ."

<Location />         DAV svn         SVNParentPath /usr/local/svn/repos/private

^^ Are you sure you mean SVNParentPath here?

SVNParentPath assumes that repositories are in subdirectories to this path. If you only have one repository you shouldn't use SVNParentPath, I don't recall the right directive, check the docs.