structure of controllers

Hi all,

I want to build a website for restaurants. When a user goes to www.site.com/restaurants all the information of that restaurants is shown. When he goes to www.site.com/restaurants2, all the info of restaurants2 is shown. Eventually I also want to provide other functionality than showing info. I'd like to add userlogin per restaurant (adding comments, pictures,...).

The problem is that I have a hard time figuring out how to organize my controllers. Let's say I want to add a commenting system (controller comment). This would then result in ww.site.com/comment although I want i to be www.site.be/nameofrestaurant/comment where all the comment actions taken are related to nameofrestaurant.

I actually want one code base without the need to copy my code for every restaurant that gets added. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance Stijn

There is no need to make the controller for the comments, just make the controllers according to your restaurants and define comments action in every controller (related restaurants) so that when there is any comment about the restaurant, information will be displayed like www.domain.com/your_controller_name/comments means www.domain.com/restaurant_name/comments

This is the perfect place to take advantage of Rails 1.2's RESTful features.

Check out the PeepCode -- http://peepcode.com/products/restful-rails

It's cheap and will explain everything you could possibly want to know about accomplishing your goal.