strange problem! Form closing tag

I have a form tag originaly generated using form_remote_tag. After a lot of bewildered testing to see why its values arent being passed on, I realised when looking at the html output that the form has a closing tag on the end (before the form fields).

So I thought maybe its a rails bug, and copied and pasted the generated version back into my rhtml file, commenting out the original helper call. Still the same. Tried reordering things in the page. No joy. I ran a test on another form in the page to check I hadnt lost the plot, and that worked fine.

Any help much appreciated!

Here is my rhtml code:_____________________________________________________

<form action="/invoice/filter_render" method="post" onsubmit="Element.show('spinner'); new Ajax.Updater('invoice_list_tbody', '/invoice/filter_render', {asynchronous:true, evalScripts:true, onSuccess:function(request){Element.hide('spinner')}, parameters:Form.serialize(this)}); return false;">     <%#= form_remote_tag(:update => "invoice_list_tbody",       # :before => "Element.show('spinner')",       # :success => "Element.hide('spinner')",

# :url => { :action => :filter_render })     %>       <tr>         <td>Date</td>           <td>               <input type="hidden" id="hiddenval" name="hiddenval" value="test"/>           <select id="date_dropdown" name="date_dropdown">             <option value="all">All</option>             <option value="issued">Issued</option>             <option value="due">Due</option>             <option value="received">Received</option>           </select>           </td>         <td>From</td>           <td>                     <input type="text" name="f_date_a" id="f_date_a" /><button type="reset" id="f_trigger_a">...</button>           </td>       </tr>       <tr>         <td></td>         <td></td>         <td>To</td>         <td><input type="text" name="f_date_b" id="f_date_b" /><button type="reset" id="f_trigger_b">...</button>          <%= submit_tag "Show date range" %></td>       </tr>   </form>

You've commented out the closing parenthesis on the <%=form_remote_tag(...

I had the same problem a couple weeks ago, and it took me forever to figure out what went wrong.

Thanks, but I dont get it - I’m not even using the rails helper anymore (its all commented out), and its still putting the closing form tag right after the opening tag.

Sorry, obviously I didn't read carefully enough the first time...

Have you tried creating a temporary view with only that code in it to see what happens? I've been trying to recreate your problem, but I can't. I've tried the generated html with the comments and the original code with the helper tag uncommented and the </form> appears in the right places both times.

No problem,

might have to just dissect the whole page a bit more…

Cheers