Status of Turbolinks

What’s the status of Turbolinks? There a few bugs that make it not quite production ready and many pull requests that are being ignored.

I pulled pjax out of my app and replaced it with turbo. I’m planning on going to production by new years and I’m hoping turbo is going to get some love by then. Is this realistic?

I’m very interested in this, as I’m also going to production with turbolinks in a couple of months.

There is no official release for Turbolinks yet. It will probably be included in Rails 4. Until then I see no reason to use it in production AND expect constant updates to it. So both of you are going a risky path right now.

There is no official release for Turbolinks yet.

There have been 13 releases of Turbolinks: turbolinks | RubyGems.org | your community gem host

You do note that the version number is way below 1.0?

The vast, vast, vast majority of gems on Rubygems are below 1.0. That doesn't mean anything.

Please don’t troll my question. I’m actually looking for a proper response from someone responsible for the code, not guesses or assumptions.

As I understand it David is the only one working on it. Would a core team member please weigh in on this question?

I’ve been taking a break from any OSS code work to concentrate on a new book. I’ll get back to Turbolinks when that wraps up.

Please do use Turbolinks in production. We are and have for quite some time. Feel free to maintain your own fork with cherry-picked PRs until development on the master branch picks up again. It’s great that Github frees us from relying on a single maintainer at all times!

Feel free to maintain your own fork with cherry-picked PRs until development on the master branch picks up again. It's great that Github frees us from relying on a single maintainer at all times!

I forgot, I even blogged about how to do this, if you haven't done something like it before: http://blog.steveklabnik.com/posts/2012-10-04-run-rails-with-custom-patches

Of course, it's about Rails, but applies equally to any gem.