Starting an Ap: fast_xs.bundle: [BUG] Bus Error

I'm running Ruby 1.8.7, Rails 2.3.2, and Gem 1.3.4

I'm a newb, so bare with me... I'm reading Simply Rails 2. The book tells me to enter: $ rails shovell

Then, $ sudo gem install mongrel

Then, $cd shovell $ruby script/server

However, when I type in that last bit, I get:

LOTS OF STUFF/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/hpricot-0.8.1/lib/fast_xs.bundle: [BUG] Bus Error ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i686-darwin9.7.0]

Abort trap

I have no idea what to do from here. I'm thinking being able to run the server is kind of important.

I'm running Ruby 1.8.7, Rails 2.3.2, and Gem 1.3.4

I'm a newb, so bare with me... I'm reading Simply Rails 2. The book tells me to enter: $ rails shovell

Then, $ sudo gem install mongrel

Then, $cd shovell $ruby script/server

However, when I type in that last bit, I get:

LOTS OF STUFF/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/hpricot-0.8.1/lib/fast_xs.bundle: [BUG] Bus Error ruby 1.8.7 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 72) [i686-darwin9.7.0]

Abort trap

I have no idea what to do from here. I'm thinking being able to run the server is kind of important.

You might want to try reinstalling the hpricot gem. Maybe you built it against a previous version of ruby ?

Fred

You might want to try reinstalling the hpricot gem. Maybe you built it against a previous version of ruby ?

I think I really screwed something up. I deleted hpricot gem but I'm not sure how to reinstall it. Then, I tried to reinstall ruby, rails and gems which seemed to work a bit better. When I type $ ruby -v, it now returns ruby 1.8.6 (2008-08-11 patchlevel 287) [universal-darwin9.0]. Then, I went threw the steps of installing rails, gems, and SQlite according to "Simply Rails 2."

Now, I get to: ~/shovell $ > script/server and then nothing happens. I just wait for the server to load.

Is there a way to reinstall ruby, rails, gems, and SQlite? Or is there a way to get my computer back to the state of 4 days ago? I think I really screwed something up when I tried upgrading to Ruby 1.8.7.

**I forgot to mention, I'm also using macOSX Leopard.