Standalone AR Migrations

Hi, I'm trying to utilize AR migrations outside of a rails application as this sort of thing is valuable in just about any application using a versioned database. I have seen examples (http://blogs.pragprog.com/cgi-bin/pragdave.cgi/Tech/Ruby/MigrationsOutsideRails.rdoc) of calling AR standalone, however; I would like to leverage the up/back support that you get with AR::Migration instances.

In peeking around the AR source, I saw that the default rake task calls ActiveRecord::Migrator.migrate and passed in the scripts directory and optional version number. I created the following simple script:

require "rubygems" require_gem "activerecord"

ActiveRecord::Base.establish_connection(   :adapter => "sqlserver",   :host => "DBI:ADO:Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=migrate_demo;User Id=someuser;Password=itsasecret;",   :username => "someuser",   :password => "itsasecret",   :database => "migrate_demo") ActiveRecord::Migrator.migrate("db/", ARGV[0] ? ARGV[0].to_i : nil

I verified the connectivity in IRB (having patched the DBI's ado.rb) and all is well. When I run the script I get the following (long stack trace below). I'm hoping someone can with setting up AR properly. The stack trace is below... Thanks!