SQLite3 Error Transitioning to 2.0

I'm transitioning to Rails 2.0. Under 2.0 setting up a database appears to be even easier than it was under 1.x. In fact, it appears to be almost trivial. So, I'm wondering why I am having trouble. I'm using the default SQLite3. I setup my database with:

./script/generate scaffold Access login:string password:string start_date:date email:string

It runs. What could be easier? However, when I go to access the 'access' controller I get:

SQLite3::SQLException: no such table: accesses: SELECT * FROM "accesses"

There appears to be no 'accesses' table in the database. I guess I must have omitted something; but, I don't know what it could be. If someone could offer a clue it would be most appreciated.

Thanks for any input.

... doug

Sounds stupid but did you run the migration file?

_Aurélien Bottazini_ http://www.mycashgarden.com

I'm the stupid one! :slight_smile: No, I didn't. I guess I just got so caught up in this thing that I actually was thinking that *EVERYTHING* was handled. I'm an idiot. Thanks.

... doug

This has been a real comedy of errors for me. First, I stupidly forget to do the migration. Aurélien points my mistake out to me and I *ASSUME* that has to be it. However, the reality is that even after running the migration (during which it specifically reports creating the accesses table), I still get the same error. Does anyone have any thoughts or have I managed to get everyone completely confused at this point.

Thanks for any input.

... doug

I would check over your migrations to make sure that there is something creating the table you are looking for.

I would check over your migrations to make sure that there is something creating the table you are looking for.

Good suggestion. I think that I have this thing figured out. It's likely more of a misunderstanding on my part than anything else. I was using the test environment. The database itself got created in both the test environment and the development environment. However, for whatever reason, the table was added only to the development environment. So, when I switched to the development environment it worked perfectly.

I'm not quite sure why it is that when I was working in the test environment the table got added to the development environment database. I'm sure there is an explanation. If someone would like to share it with me, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks for all the input.

... doug