Sntax error after generating project

I generated the project with the command rails new reservation_maker -d mysql and after it was finished generating I got 4 errors. All were syntax error, unexpected ‘:’ .The first was in the gemfile on the line gem ‘sdoc’, require: false. The second in application_controller.rb on the line protect_from_forgery with: :exception. The third was in session_store.rb on the line ReservationMaker::Application.config.session_store :cookie_store, key: ‘_reservation_maker_session’. The last in wrap_parameters.rb on the line wrap_parameters format: [:json] if respond_to?(:wrap_parameters). I looked back at a previous rails project and it has the same setup and lines of code as this one but none of the errors. I replaced the : with => and it cleared the errors but when I try to run the server it tells me that there is an error in the gem file. Also I’m using ruby 2.0.0p353 (2013-11-22 revision 43784) [x86_64-linux] and rails 4.0.2. So, how can I fix this?

I figured out how to resolve the problem. I had to go back to the old hash notation. But this shouldn’t a problem since I’m using the most recent versions of ruby and rails, right?

I figured out how to resolve the problem. I had to go back to the old hash notation. But this shouldn’t a problem since I’m using the most recent versions of ruby and rails, right?

My guess would be that you actually have 2 versions of ruby installed and aren’t using the one you think you are.

Fred

So maybe you should be using RVM: https://rvm.io/