"Rails server" finds syntax error where there shouldn't be one

Hi!

I'm developing an application at two different computers, using Dropbox to synchronize my files. I feel quite sure that the configuration of rails, ruby, editor and the lot is identical on both computers and up-to-date. But strangely, when I start the server for testing purposes (with "rails server") on one machine, everything works just fine, while the other machine returns a syntax error (see attachment).

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be? Thanks in advance!

Attachments: http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6697/attachment.txt

Hi!

I'm developing an application at two different computers, using Dropbox to synchronize my files. I feel quite sure that the configuration of rails, ruby, editor and the lot is identical on both computers and up-to-date.

I'd strongly recommend using a version control system for this (git, mercurial etc.) rather than something like dropbox

But strangely, when I start the server for testing purposes (with "rails server") on one machine, everything works just fine, while the other machine returns a syntax error (see attachment).

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be? Thanks in advance!

Hard to be sure with only a snippet of the file, but that one line would only be valid in ruby 1.9, not ruby 1.8 and the rest of the stack trace indicates that ruby 1.8 is being used.

Fred

…sion_store :cookie_store, key: ‘_suggestMe_session’

seems to be using ruby 1.9 hash types that are like json hashes , and those are not supported on ruby 1.8