Setting up Fleximage

Hello!

I've been trying today to setup fleximage to handle photo uploads to a RoR application by following the tutorial that is provided (http://github.com/Squeegy/fleximage/wikis/gettingstarted)

Originally, I just dropped in all of the sample code that they provided, which I copied below this question.

- When I tried to access "new" to upload a new photo, I received an error of "Called id for nil, which would mistakenly be 4 -- if you really wanted the id of nil, use object_id", which I understood to be caused by the fact that I was using @photo without initializing it in the controller.

- I added @photo = Photo.new to the controller for "new" but then it returned that it could not find the table Photo.

- I created a new migration for a photo table, including only the fields for name and author, which are also requested in the provided "new" view.

- Now, it just returns the error "undefined method `photos_path' for #<ActionView::Base:0x230ee70>"

Since I'm incredibly new to fleximage, I'm not exactly sure if I'm going in the wrong direction with my troubleshooting, if a table even needed to be created for the photos or what my next step should be.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Model (photo.rb) class Photo < ActiveRecord::Base   acts_as_fleximage :image_directory => 'public/images/uploaded_photos' end

Controller (photos_controller.rb) class PhotosController < ApplicationController

def new

end

def create   @photo = Photo.new(params[:photo])   if @photo.save     redirect_to photo_url(@photo)   else     flash[:notice] = 'Your photo did not pass validation!'     render :action => 'new'   end end

end

View (new.html.erb) <% form_for @photo, :html => { :multipart => true } do |f| %>   <p>     <b>Name</b><br />     <%= f.text_field :name %>   </p>

<p>     <b>Author</b><br />     <%= f.text_field :author %>   </p>

<p>     <b>Upload Image</b><br />     <%= f.file_field :image_file %><br />     or URL: <%= f.text_field :image_file_url %>   </p>

<p>     <%= f.submit "Create" %>   </p> <% end %>

Hi!

I am sorry to hear your difficulties with the tutorial. I am a beginner in this group so I this you need to pose your question to someone who really knows what about ROR.

Good luck!

Hi,

In your view (new.html.erb) file

This line <% form_for @photo, :html => { :multipart => true } do |f| %> should be like below

<% form_for @photo, :url=>{:action=>'ACTIONNAME', }, :html => { :multipart => true } do |f| %>

i.e give more argument :url=>{} to form_for

To overcome "undefined method `photos_path' for #<ActionView::Base: 0x230ee70>"