I'm going to first frankly admit that this is the first web
application I'm attempting to make for the first since the depot
project in Agile Web Development with Ruby on Rails, and already, I'm
Anyway, according to my debug window I quickly made in the view files,
I can easily tell the sessions doesn't seem to hold anything. Every
time I change to another controller link, the session either
disappear, or erase itself, then fill itself up with the values the
controller said to fill.
I used the Database version of sessions
(session_store=:active_record_store) (I also don't know a thing about
MySQL. I needed the sessions to expire within a certain time limit).
To wrap up the things that could possibly be the problem:
1) Do I need to enable the session in the controller? I thought Rails
did that for me by default.
2) Do I need to create a separate column for each hash value the
session is going to store?
3) Did I initialize the session wrong? How can I check? I first
typed in the command line, "rake db:sessions:create", then "rake
db:migrate", so the table should be there...
4) Where can I learn a little bit about MySQL? I'm a little
intimidated by their homepage, yet I need to find a way to create a
sweeper for the session table.
5) If none of these answers solves the problem, what may be another
solution to it?
Thanks for the help!