select_date

actually i have one select_date tag..i choose one date from there. and then write query related to this..but the query is not run..please provide some simple code of view and controller.very urgent..

I'll assume that the date is used to select Info instances based on their created_on date. In your view you'll have something like this:

<% form_for :info, :url=>search_infos_path do |f| %> <%= f.label_for :created_on, "Select info for" %> <%= f.date_select :created_on %> <% end %>

In your InfosController:

def search   @infos = Info.find(:all, :conditions=>{:created_on=>params[:info] [:created_on]}   respond_to do |format|     ...   end end

Not quite select_date (and date_select) both result in 3 separate parameters being submitted (year/month/day). If you're passing the params hash into SomeModel.new or update_attributes (and thus leaning on the MultiparameterAssignment stuff in rails) you need to pass them into Date::civil or Time.mktime yourself (I'm pretty sure I've written the exact same post at least twice in the past few days - odd)

Fred

Right again, Fred. I was blowing right by that.