Segmentation fault ruby 1.8.7 (2011-06-30 patchlevel 352) [x86_64-linux]

I am using Active Record outside rails. I created one rb file at:

/usr/share/puppet-dashboard/bin/process.rb

Code of process.rb

#!/usr/bin/ruby

require 'active_record'   ActiveRecord::Base.establish_connection(   :adapter => "mysql2",   :host => "localhost",   :username => "root",   :password => "root123",   :database => "testproject_development"   )

But when i run this rb file then i get the following error:-

/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p362@artwork_auto/gems/json-1.7.7/lib/json/ext/parser.so: [BUG] Segmentation fault ruby 1.8.7 (2011-06-30 patchlevel 352) [x86_64-linux]

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Code of process.rb

#!/usr/bin/ruby

require ‘active_record’

ActiveRecord::Base.establish_connection(

:adapter => “mysql2”,

:host => “localhost”,

:username => “root”,

:password => “root123”,

:database => “testproject_development”

)

But when i run this rb file then i get the following error:-

/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p362@artwork_auto/gems/json-1.7.7/lib/json/ext/parser.so:

[BUG] Segmentation fault ruby 1.8.7 (2011-06-30 patchlevel 352)

[x86_64-linux]

You’ve got some sort of ruby version mixup here - you’ve got ruby 1.8.7 that is trying to load a native extension compiled for ruby 1.9. I’d guess that is because your shebang is saying use /usr/bin/ruby, which is presumably the system provided ruby, but dvm has setup the environment variables that ruby uses to have it look for gems in the rvm copy of ruby.

I assume that you can’t change the way it is invoked (to ruby process.rb rather than ./process.rb) but if you change the shebang to

#!/usr/bin/env ruby

that should pick up the rvm provided ruby, assuming that this script is running in a context where rvm has been loaded.

Fred

Many Thanks Fred, It worked :slight_smile: