Securtiy around Postgresql Views and Rails Models.

Hi,

I just read a posting at, Ruby on Rails solutions: Working with Postgres views, Rails models and user-based security, which addresses the issue of Posgresql Views and Rails Models and user security.

I was thinking of trying to implement some of the suggestions made in this posting but thought I would ask if anyone here has read this article and whether they think it is a workable solution.

Chris Bartlett posted some interesting observations and questions on the above mentioned site and I have also seen him posting here, so I am wondering Chris, if you ever got those issues resolved that you identified in your posting on the above site and if so would you be willing to share how to resolve those issues.

This would be a real tall order for me since not only am I new to programming, but I am new to Rails and this is my first introduction to Postgresql 8.4.

I have postgresql working so I feel that I have begun the ascent of this very steep learning curve.

Also I think it a great opportunity to learn on all of these levels if I could implement the views, triggers and rules through postresql and still be able to view the results online using rails.

If anyone else would like to try and design their application such that it follows the best practices outlined on the site I mentioned at the beginning of this posting, I would be glad for the company.

Thanks for any suggestions, observations and pointers.

fuzzy.