script/server error (undefined method `name' for "ZenTest")

Hi All,

I have an rails 2.3.11 app which I'm trying to run locally. When runnign script/server i get this error which i googled but couldn't find the answer anywhere:

Gem::SourceIndex#initialize called from /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.11/lib/rails/vendor_gem_source_index.rb:100. Invalid gemspec in [/opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/specifications/heroku-2.11.0.gemspec]: invalid date format in specification: "2011-10-22 00:00:00.000000000Z" /opt/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.11/lib/rails/gem_dependency.rb:277:in `==': undefined method `name' for "ZenTest":String (NoMethodError)   from /opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/dependency.rb:217:in `==='   from /opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/dependency.rb:217:in `matching_specs'   from /opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `find_all'   from /opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/specification.rb:410:in `each'   from /opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/specification.rb:409:in `each'   from /opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/dependency.rb:216:in `find_all'   from /opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/dependency.rb:216:in `matching_specs'   from /opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/dependency.rb:238:in `to_specs'   from /opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/dependency.rb:256:in `to_spec'   from /opt/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems.rb:1210:in `gem'

Any suggestions?

Thanks & Great week

I can't find the reference now but I think I remember seeing this issue (or similar) reported previously and it being due to using a version of rubygems that did not match the version of Rails being used (or possibly the version of ruby). It might be worth looking for info on which version is ok for 2.3.11 and your ruby version. I could be completely wrong about this however. Also check that the version of zentest you are using is ok for 2.3.11

Colin

Colin Law wrote in post #1034941: