Save method behaviour changed?

I have this code in a working RoR-3.1 app:

save

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm wondering if you can circumvent the exception altogether by using valid? to see if it's a valid record before attempting the save?

Rails validation for duplicate records is, to put it bluntly, a joke. The code I wrote is intended to compensate for that fact by using the DBMS as it is intended to be used. Up to the current version of Rails this worked as I intended. Now it does not. I simply want to discover what has changed and how I get around it.

I have this code in a working RoR-3.1 app:

# save   #   # Override AR save method to catch DBMS specific errors   # such as uniqueness constraint violations

Where is this code? in a model, in module that is included into various models, somewhere else?

As an aside recent versions of rails raise ActiveRecord::RecordNotUnique in such cases, although this is a subclass of ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid so shouldn't change behaviour as far as you're concern. You're also changing the signature of save although I don't think that is related to the problem at hand.

Fred

It is contained in a model:

class Currency < ActiveRecord::Base   include HLLActiveRow

after_save( :save_errors ) . . .   # save