Running patched rails

Hi !

a hearty second for piston - I've just pistoned rails for a customer release. Very nice when you want to modify without svn commit access - when patches comes slowly, etc.

François, I only have one need that I can't seem to figure out - I wanted to recently make a rails patch from a pistoned install - could you build in support for piston to diff across repositories? Or any other ways (other than a separate svn co, and an OS diff)?

Cheers, Jodi General Partner The nNovation Group inc. www.nnovation.ca/blog

on-innovation.gif

Hi !

Hi !

François, I only have one need that I can't seem to figure out - I wanted to recently make a rails patch from a pistoned install - could you build in support for piston to diff across repositories? Or any other ways (other than a separate svn co, and an OS diff)?

You mean, like piston diff that makes a diff of things *you* did as opposed to what the upstream repository did ?

Not a bad idea. Piston is going to look more and more like SVK...

Bye !

By upstream, I suppose you're referring to the original repo?

If so, then I want to piston import, make local changes, commit my
changes to my repos, then diff versus the original (upstream) repo.

does this make sense?

Jodi

Hi !

Yes.

If so, then I want to piston import, make local changes, commit my changes to my repos, then diff versus the original (upstream) repo.

does this make sense?

You can already do so, except it's not automated.

svn diff -r X:Y gets the changes between two revisions. If you know the revisions at which you imported / updated, you can do diffs and know exactly what you changed.

Hope that helps !

Hi !

Yes.

If so, then I want to piston import, make local changes, commit my changes to my repos, then diff versus the original (upstream) repo.

does this make sense?

You can already do so, except it's not automated.

svn diff -r X:Y gets the changes between two revisions. If you know the revisions at which you imported / updated, you can do diffs and know exactly what you changed.

Hope that helps !

Thanx François.

I've had problems with piston convert, ended up piston importing
instead, then proplists don't look right and diffs don't work
(everything ellse does).

do you have a mailing list, or can I email my questions directly?

Hi !