Ruby QR code decoder?

I'd like to use be able to decode QR codes that people submit to my rails app. I'm using phonegap for iPhone, so I need to create a work- around for a native QR code reader. The best I can come up with is having someone take a picture of the code and submit it, then have ruby parse it.*

I've searched this forum and online, and all I can find is the zxing library for Java. Question is:

a) is there a rails plugin or a ruby gem that can decode a qr code image or b) is it possible to run a java command from ruby?

Thanks for any guidance.

Cameron

*yes, I will be looking into obj-c eventually, but want to prototype asap

i don't mean to be a jerk, but "asap?" really?

-eric

Eric: Why so incredulous? My point is that I'd rather prototype something quickly for user testing before I try learn a completely new language.

To anyone else interested: I found out how to execute java using %x| java ...| . I think latency would be an issue in the scenario I'm describing, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Cameron

Just that in 10 months of asap you could have implemented any of:

Nothing personal, just sayin'. And yeah, there seem to be any number of system call solutions.

-eric

Eric wrote:

Just that in 10 months of asap you could have implemented any of:

camera - QR code (2D barcode) coding and decoding algorithms? - Stack Overflow

Nothing personal, just sayin'. And yeah, there seem to be any number of system call solutions.

Or use JRuby and RJB.

-eric

Best,

Thanks, I'll give those a shot.

Cameron

Eric, I think I see the confusion. Check Ruby QR code decoder? - Rails - Ruby-Forum, you'll see that the timestamps are borked (see your reply from 10 months ago). In any event, thanks for the link.

Hi, friends. I happen to come to this thread. I am an barcode expert. I know good barcode site(http://www.onbarcode.com/) where you can find various qr code decoders.

i know a resource about qr code decoder,recommended by friend !