Faisal N Jawdat wrote:
While we're on the subject of Rails and Textmate, does anyone have a bundle recipe to trigger a 'rake test' without having to pick 'test' from the menu of allowed tasks? Really I'd like to be able to hit a single keyboard shortcut and have it happen.
We did this trick:
- declare a keystroke, F5, that does nothing
- set the keystroke to "save all files" first
- run trigger.rb in a shell next to the editor (on another monitor)
- trigger.rb detects when any file gets saved
- the trigger doesn't run test:recent. It uses test:svn_modified
Failing that I'll eventually get around to writing my own, but why debug the newly reinvented wheel.
Ask, and ye shall be blogged!