Ruby on Rails Opportunity!

I am currently hiring for a Ruby on Rails Software Engineer! Please review job description and let me know if you are interested! You can contact me @ 425-278-0083 or pcorner@apexsystemsinc.com!

6-12 month contract **Must Clear Background Check**

The Opportunity: Our Client is looking to expand its development team with the addition of a talented, motivated software engineer. Successful candidates must be able write sustainable and maintainable code quickly and accurately. You must have a passion for writing modular software systems capable of handling large loads and high-traffic patterns. You will be asked to contribute multiple innovative solutions to difficult problems. Candidates should have a thirst for knowledge and be willing to constantly push the boundaries of our coding methods, our coding styles, and our coding results.

Responsibilities: * Write scalable, maintainable code, unit, functional, and acceptance tests * Create semi-fleshed out CSS and template files * Contribute to system design and architecture decisions * Assist in QA and firefighting efforts as necessary

Qualifications: * Thorough understanding of object-oriented methodology * Thorough understanding of MVC (Model-View-Controller) architectures * Experience with coding database-backed web applications * Expert knowledge in either mod_perl or Ruby on Rails * Intermediate knowledge of a mod_perl templating language * Intermediate CSS and Javascript skills * Willingness to work in an Agile development environment * Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical ideas

Wow you must be offering a HUGE monetary compensation :smiley:

Didn’t pick the whole thing apart, just sections:

6-12 month contract

Must Clear Background Check

Pay rate is…?

The Opportunity:

Our Client is looking to expand its development team with the addition of a talented, motivated software engineer. Successful candidates must be able write sustainable and maintainable code quickly and accurately. You must have a passion for writing modular software

systems capable of handling large loads and high-traffic patterns. You will be asked to contribute multiple innovative solutions to difficult problems. Candidates should have a thirst for knowledge and be willing to constantly push the boundaries of our coding methods,

our coding styles, and our coding results.

Shortened to:

We are looking for a very good Ruby on Rails developer. Must have good overall knowledge of everything as well as the motivation required to work consistently.

Responsibilities:

•   Write scalable, maintainable code, unit, functional, and acceptance

tests

Acceptance tests? Isn’t this something where you demonstrate to the user the application and record their reactions? I didn’t know you could write those.

•   Create semi-fleshed out CSS and template files

Understandable, but usually I would get a proper designer to do this rather than a programmer.

•   Contribute to system design and architecture decisions

Shorter: Come up with superb ideas.

•   Assist in QA and firefighting efforts as necessary

This is what caught my eye and got me to reply in the first place: “firefighting efforts”. Do things just have a habit of spontaneously igniting there?

Qualifications:

•   Thorough understanding of object-oriented methodology

Which you’ll get with Ruby on Rails developers

•   Thorough understanding of MVC (Model-View-Controller) architectures

•   Experience with coding database-backed web applications

•   Expert knowledge in either mod_perl or Ruby on Rails

Which you’ll get with Ruby on Rails developers… wait, what? mod_perl? What the hell has that got to do with RoR?

It’s an alright written advertisement (and nothing has beaten that rockstar one, yet!), but it needs… something. Like, more information on the client, the location and the pay rate.

Good Morning Ryan,

If you would like to give me a call, I would be glad to go over the details with you. The position is located in Seattle. I look forward to speaking with you!

Best Regards,

Portia Orner

Technical Recruiter

APEX Systems, Inc. 10500 NE 8th St.

Bellevue, WA 98004

Office: 425.278.0083

Toll free: 877.335.5136

Fax: 425.278.0084

pcorner@apexsystemsinc.com

www.apexsystemsinc.com

ApexLogo.bmp|x

Apex Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apex Systems, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights law.

Good Morning Lobo,

Are you interested in this opportunity! If so, I would be glad to discuss in further detail!

Best Regards,

Portia Orner

Technical Recruiter

APEX Systems, Inc. 10500 NE 8th St.

Bellevue, WA 98004

Office: 425.278.0083

Toll free: 877.335.5136

Fax: 425.278.0084

pcorner@apexsystemsinc.com

www.apexsystemsinc.com

Apex Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apex Systems, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights law.

Please don't post jobs here.

Dustin Anderson wrote:

Please don't post jobs here.

And why don't you want people to post jobs here?