Are you a Rails developer who stays on top of the latest technology? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative team environment? Do you enjoy learning how the features you develop are actually used by customers? Would you like to help large data centers efficiently manage their power consumption, servers, and overall operations? Do you like Ping-Pong? Would you like to live in one of the best places to work and live in the US…Raleigh North Carolina? If so, we would like to talk to you!
Our client, an innovator in Data Center Monitoring and Operations Products is seeking their next star Software Engineer with Ruby on Rails experience. Is it you? Do you know of someone who would be interested? We are offering a VERY lucrative sign on bonus, or if you refer someone to us for this position that ends up getting the job, we will provide you with a VERY health referral bonus!$!$!
Contact me as soon as possible for additional details!
- Model infrastructure, power distribution, and cooling for data centers and other facilities
- Develop charts and analytics that give users insight into the energy consumption, savings, and environmental conditions at their facilities.
- Work on overall architectural problems, particularly as they relate to product integration, data transfer, scalability and performance
- Develop and maintain REST interfaces for our products
- Provide real value for our customers
- Provide unit-test coverage for delivered code
- Looking for someone who is eager to learn and keeps up-to-date with new technology
- 3+ years of commercial experience with Ruby on Rails or strong experience in another modern MVC web framework with a proven desire to learn Ruby on Rails
- Strong understanding of HTML, CSS and applying style sheets to create sophisticated layouts
- 4+ years of experience in creating web applications
- Solid understanding of User Interface design overall usability issues.
- Linux power user
- Strong experience with SQL databases (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Creative, industrious, self-managed
- Excels when working as part of a small, highly skilled, agile, and product-focused team
A candidate with a mix of the following experiences will be at an advantage:
- Previous experience with Energy Management products or Network Management Systems
- Experience in the day to day operations of a data center environment, particularly as it relates to planning and infrastructure management
- Experience with Rails Engines
- Passion for throwing out ideas to see what sticks
- Graphic design
Contact me today for details!