RSpec for dummies screencast?

Does anyone know of any RSpec screencasts for dummies, like me :slight_smile: I have a Java background, but I have never written a java test in my life. I've never learned about TDD or BDD so I'm totally blank on everything that has anything to do with testing and stuff.

Where should I start?!? :wink:

Christian...

I have not viewed them but peepcode.com has several rspec screencasts for sale ($9). Geoffrey’s video’s are normally really good and you can check out a preview for each one at his site.

I haven’t come across any free ones available on the net

Blessings,

Jeff

I agree, things have changed frequently in rspec. You’d have to ask Geoffrey for sure which version he used.

The only thing I know is that these are fairly recently developed and I believe he is even still working on part 3, but I don’t know which version he used for these.

From what I have seen, the changes to rspec seem to mostly be in the form of using different key words for the DSL and config options. So if you know what these changes are (using the release notes) you can simply use the proper 1.0.8 keywords (it is the same concepts), but I agree it is better if it’s just using the latest version (much less work for you to do).

Best thing to do is email Geoffrey and find out what version.

Blessings,

Jeff

Even for a total newb like me?

Meaning that, I watch the casts, and walk away with a Eureka! feeling about application speccing and testing? ;o)

Christian...