Scope 5 is a leading, award winning provider of sustainability software and consulting. We are passionate about applying technology to make the world a better place. We find ourselves at an inflection point in the sustainability industry and poised for rapid growth. Scope 5 brings to this opportunity, a can-do culture of creative inquiry, technical rigor and mutual respect for all. We believe that, as a company, we benefit most when every member of our team is doing exactly the work they want to do.
We are looking for a senior developer, experienced with Ruby on Rails and with various front-end frameworks. You think at an architectural level but you’re also eager to dive in and write code. You will be joining a small team and are expected to quickly have outsized impact.
The work ahead of us includes:
- A complete modernization of user workflows and the application’s UX.
- Continuing to incorporate new and innovative features to maintain our leadership position and our reputation for technical rigor.
- Maintaining and growing the base product.
This is one of those rare opportunities in which you can be close enough to end-users (including numerous sustainability professionals at Fortune 500s and larger) to immediately see the impact of your work.
- Work with our development team to plan and architect the next version of our sustainability application.
- Take ownership and write the code for a significant piece of that application.
- Work with our client facing consulting staff to understand and anticipate our client needs
- Design, build, and maintain the features and functionality to meet and exceed those needs in a manner that delights our users
- Contribute to and evolve DevOps
- Investigate and resolve bugs
- Investigate and improve performance
- Stay informed regarding innovations and best-practices and bring these to the team
- At least five years experience developing in Ruby on Rails
- Experience with HAML
- Understanding of CSS and Sass
- Experience with test driven development in general and Rspec in particular
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Heroku
- You believe in the importance and value of software to tackle climate change and environmental justice
- You enjoy working in a team environment
- You are comfortable communicating in English
- You bring a ‘can-do’ attitude
- You take responsibility
- You are eager to grow technically and personally
- You appreciate directness in communications
- You are committed to acting with integrity and expect integrity from your peers
Please Apply online