rmagick

hey i am now using gruff for showing graph... when i run the program,it will show an error: no such file to load -- RMagick..then i am trying to install RMagick,by the command gem install rmagick,but this command also not executed properly..anyone can help..

Subhadip Chakraborty wrote:

hey i am now using gruff for showing graph... when i run the program,it will show an error: no such file to load -- RMagick..then i am trying to install RMagick,by the command gem install rmagick,but this command also not executed properly..anyone can help..

if on linux, you may need to install imagemagick or graphicsmagick first. On windows too.

Posting what it outputs on your screen might help people know how to better help you :slight_smile: -R

Make sure imagemagick (or whatever) is working: Run some command line 'convert' commands and look at the results. The Image Magick web site has full instructions.

Then write a small ruby script that does the same thing, but through ruby and RMagick.

On Linux, you might need to do 'sudo install...' But if you're running on windows, the instructions are different, and you don't install imagemagick separately, you install it the way they tell you to.

I've found that this simple multi-step process isolates installation bugs.

F