RJS call in :complete of form_remote_tag

Hi,

this should be easy:

I have a "test.rjs" and I want to call it from the :complete of a form_remote_tag.

How would I do that?

Thanks, Max

Hi Max,

Max wrote:

I have a "test.rjs" and I want to call it from the :complete of a form_remote_tag.

How would I do that?

I'm not sure you can. I'm pretty sure that the callback options on form_remote_tag are only useful for calling javascript that's already in the page that's loaded in the browser.

Bill

I'm not sure you can. I'm pretty sure that the callback options on form_remote_tag are only useful for calling javascript that's already in the page that's loaded in the browser.

So where should I put the code instead?

Hi Max,

Max wrote:

So where should I put the code instead?

That would depend on what you're trying to do. You didn't post the .rjs so I can't say for sure. In general, given what you've said, if you want to execute javascript on completion of the form submission, I'd say write the javascript, put it in application.js, and it'll be available to you on :complete.

hth, Bill

Use a form_remote tag and then post it to the controller. Call an RJS action from there. That should work.

Vish

Use a form_remote tag and then post it to the controller. Call an RJS action from there. That should work.

Thanks, I solved my initial problem in a completely different way, but I'll come back to it and try that.