RJS/Ajax insert_html problem

I'm getting weird results using an Ajax call to render a partial. My RJS is getting executed properly as nearly as I can tell but instead of rendering the partial, it renders the Javascript that should be getting executed. Here's what's in the RJS file:

page.insert_html :bottom, :product_div, :partial => 'test/ test_partial'

I tried a simpler test with:

page.insert_html :bottom, :product_div, 'test'

but got similar results. The div element with id "product_div" gets updated with:

try { new Insertion.Bottom("product_div", "test"); } catch (e) { alert('RJS error:\n\n' + e.toString()); alert('new Insertion.Bottom(\"product_div\", \"test\");'); throw e

Seems to me like this is the code that should be executed to put the word "test" in the div. The Prototype libraries seem to be loaded just fine and the Ajax call goes to the right place and executes properly - I just can't see why it's doing this. Any ideas on how to go about debugging this? Thanks!

I'm getting weird results using an Ajax call to render a partial. My RJS is getting executed properly as nearly as I can tell but instead of rendering the partial, it renders the Javascript that should be getting executed. Here's what's in the RJS file:

page.insert_html :bottom, :product_div, :partial => 'test/ test_partial'

I tried a simpler test with:

page.insert_html :bottom, :product_div, 'test'

but got similar results. The div element with id "product_div" gets updated with:

try { new Insertion.Bottom("product_div", "test"); } catch (e) { alert('RJS error:\n\n' + e.toString()); alert('new Insertion.Bottom(\"product_div\", \"test\");'); throw e

How are you invoking the ajax stuff ( ie are you using the :update
option (if so, don't)

Fred

Frederick,

You're a genius. Thanks, that was it.