Return type of Finder? How to append?

Hi all,

Please help me solve the issue given below.

Scenario: I'm fetching few rows from one table to a variable. Then I want to append that variable with another row of the same table, based on a condition.

For that, I used push function with that variable, thinking the return type of Finder is array or hash. But, it gives me Undefined Method error.

Code Snippet: #Controller @selected = Project.find(:all, :conditions => "id <= 4") @selected.push Project.find(:all, :conditions =>['id >?', params[:id]])

Please help me tackle this issue.

This is for the functionality of drag & drop with two list. It would be very helpful, if you can give me a simple and complete example of the same as well.

A prompt reply would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tony Puthenveetil

push is almost certainly not what you want as it adds the argument at the end of the array (even if the argument is an array) for example: [1,2].push [3,4] #=> [1, 2, [3, 4]] whereas i expect you want to get [1,2,3,4]

Fred

Have a look at the documentation for Array, method ‘+’ may be of interest. See http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/Array.html

Colin Law wrote:

Have a look at the documentation for Array, method '+' may be of interest. See class Array - RDoc Documentation

Thanks Colin...