RESTful actions' context

Hi all,

I’ve just started a (little) project for my degree and I’m trying to embrace, love and experiment with the CRUD+RESTful approach. I must say that it’s amazing how simple my controllers look now. I’m pretty

excited with this way of thinking.

However, I’ve hitting a problem with this approach. I’ve some models that I can create/destroy from different points in my application. Suppose the typical example with Article and Comments. Suppose that I

have two views: one which display and article with all its comments and another that displays recent comments (no matter what article they belongs to).

Suppose, moreover, that I can delete comments from those views. In the

first case, when the comment is deleted, the browser must be redirected to the first view. However, when the comment is deleted from the second view, the browser must be redirected to the recent comments views.

The problem, with the CRUD+RESTful approach, I only have an action to delete comments (CommentController#destroy).

What is The Rails Way to achieve that? Using the context plugin[1] maybe?

Thank you all.

[1] http://rubyforge.org/scm/?group_id=2485

Hi

one option might be

def destroy ref = request.env[“REQUEST_URI”] if ref == ‘/first_view’ redirect_to :action => ‘first_redirect’ elsif ref == ‘/second_view’

redirect_to :action => 'second_redirect'

end end

There are many other way. You might for example pass the redirect_target as a parameter:

def destroy redirect = params[:redirect]

redirect_to :action => redirect end

Cheers, Jan