I have made a similar post to this one before, however I decided to
repost it as a more general purpose question to elicit the views of
the Rails community.
I have been trying to design an application in Ruby on Rails using a
REST style, however I am getting stuck on the issue of pages that need
to display multiple resources, for instance a home page that has many
different resource on that page, or a page that has both hotel rooms
and advertisements. I posted a question like this before on the group
and got an interesting reply as the first response (http://
8653e9f0047170df), saying in part that Rails doesn't seem to have good
support for this style of interaction at the moment, and this seems to
be true as far as I can tell.
So I have a number of questions, to see if I can get some general
1. Is it true that Rails does not support this type of interaction?
2. Does REST in general support this?
3. Does this mean that most general purpose websites can not be
written according to a REST style?
4. Should Rails support this type of interaction if it doesn't
5. In the case of Rails and nested resources, what happens when a
parent has multiple children? How does one expose this in Rails?
Thanks for your time.