Reset git in app

I would like to reset a git in my app, so I thought that I could either do a reset to start, if that command exists, or delete and do another init? What can I do? If the latter; how do I remove git from an app/repository? Can I just delete the .git directory?

Pål Bergström wrote:

I would like to reset a git in my app, so I thought that I could either do a reset to start, if that command exists, or delete and do another init? What can I do? If the latter; how do I remove git from an app/repository? Can I just delete the .git directory?

Yes. Git's entire repository in inside the .git directory. If you want to be safe about it just clone your repository and remove the .git directory from the clone. That way if you decide you really wanted tat history you'll have it in the original repository.

Robert Walker wrote:

Pål Bergström wrote:

Yes. Git's entire repository in inside the .git directory. If you want to be safe about it just clone your repository and remove the .git directory from the clone. That way if you decide you really wanted tat history you'll have it in the original repository.

Thanks. :slight_smile: