rescue_from TamperedWithCookie error?

I submitted a ticket about this, but I thought perhaps I should ping this mailing list as well.

When deploying an an app that was upgraded to run on Rails 2.0 and use cookie sessions, users that are logged into the site receive an error: CGI::Session::CookieStore::TamperedWithCookie when they first visit
the site. When they refresh once, this error will no longer appear.
However, I can't figure out how to work around them seeing an Application Error screen the first time. Is there any way to rescue_from this error, or otherwise avoid encountering it all together?

If you change the name of the cookie used then the app won't see the
old cookie at all, which should handle things.

It should work, change the value associated to :session_key (which is the name of the cookie) in environment.rb and restart the server.

-- fxn

Hi, Trevor.

I had the same problem when I upgraded to 2.0.1 and I got around it by deleting the contents of my tmp/sessions directory. Hope that helps!

Katie

Trevor Turk wrote:

Katie Kelly wrote:

I had the same problem when I upgraded to 2.0.1 and I got around it by deleting the contents of my tmp/sessions directory. Hope that helps!

I was using the database for sessions, so that's not the problem. Thanks for the reply, though!

I had the same problem then I got around it by deleting the contents from sessions table.