`require': cannot load such file -- nokogiri (LoadError) in rubyXL

Hi All

Getting the below error when running the source code

My requirement is : I want read / write the excel sheet ( both xls / xlsx ) from Ruby , if you have any other solution also share with me …

Source Code :

bash-3.2$ cat rubyXL.rb

require ‘rubyXL’

workbook = RubyXL::Parser.parse(“test.xlsx”)

workbook = RubyXL::Workbook.new

sheet_Name = workbook.worksheets[0]

puts sheet_Name

Hi All

Getting the below error when running the source code

My requirement is : I want read / write the excel sheet ( both xls / xlsx ) from Ruby , if you have any other solution also share with me ..

Source Code :

bash-3.2$ cat rubyXL.rb require 'rubyXL' workbook = RubyXL::Parser.parse("test.xlsx") workbook = RubyXL::Workbook.new sheet_Name = workbook.worksheets[0] puts sheet_Name

Try adding require statements for rubygems and nokogiri. It seems like something in there is depending on Noko, which isn't surprising, since it's the Swiss army bulldozer of XML.

Walter

My requirement is : I want read / write the excel sheet ( both xls / xlsx ) from Ruby , if you have any other solution also share with me ..

You may want to ask on the ruby list instead of the rubyonrails list...

Source Code :

bash-3.2$ cat rubyXL.rb require 'rubyXL' workbook = RubyXL::Parser.parse("test.xlsx") workbook = RubyXL::Workbook.new sheet_Name = workbook.worksheets[0] puts sheet_Name

ERROR rubyXL.rb /usr/local/Cellar/ruby/2.0.0-p195/lib/ruby/site_ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:45:in `require': cannot load such file -- nokogiri (LoadError)

Silly question: did you install nokogiri? That message above tells you just what it cannot find.

Installed rubyXL also :

bash-3.2$ gem list | grep "XL" rubyXL (1.2.10)

Now try:

gem list | grep nokogiri

In looking at the rubyXL gem, the gemspec file does list nokogiri and a few other things as run-time dependencies, but I don't quite understand the syntax used in the .gemspec -- it *looks* like it should pull them in, but neither gem install nor bundle install (if rubyXL is placed in a Gemfile) are getting included.

If you look inside the rubyXL.gemspec file where rubyXL was installed, you can find the other things it depends on and install those as well.