render :partial with :collection

Hello,

How does the "render :partial => '/comment/form', :collection=>@blog.comments" work? What object does this pass to the partial view? How do I access the comment object in partial view?

Have a look at the Rails Guide on Layouts and Rendering. It should get you started at least.

Colin

Yes, you would better read about that. But I will answer, in partial you would be able to access to the item by accessing variable named by the name of the partial, in your case “form”

"Виталий Янчук" <mail@vitalik.com.ua> wrote in post #963883:

Yes, you would better read about that. But I will answer, in partial you would be able to access to the item by accessing variable named by the name of the partial, in your case "form"

Colin

-- С уважением,

Виталий Янчук http://www.vitalik.com.ua/

Thanks you!

hey Vineeth,

As mentioned by others about understand the concept of partial first thats true.

But the collection object can be accessable by the name of partial in you case you can access using “<%= form.attribute_name %>” <%= “render :partial => ‘/comment/form’, :collection=>@blog.comments” %>

But if in-case you don’t want the object name “form” then you can parse “as => object_name” while calling partial. there are few more options like “form_counter” etc if you want to display it.

Thanks Abhis

Abhishek shukla wrote in post #964036:

hey Vineeth,

As mentioned by others about understand the concept of partial first thats true.

But the collection object can be accessable by the name of partial in you case you can access using "<%= form.attribute_name %>" <%= "render :partial => '/comment/form', :collection=>@blog.comments" %>

But if in-case you don't want the object name "form" then you can parse "as => object_name" while calling partial. there are few more options like "form_counter" etc if you want to display it.

Thanks Abhis

Thanks, that's quite a lot of useful information.