remote_function and Internet Explorer

Hi, I'm currently experiencing some wonkiness from IE using remote_function to update form fields. The code in the view is as follows:

<tr>     <td>Job</td>     <td>       <select name="job" id="jobs" onchange="<%= remote_function :update => :phase_selection_cell,                                                                  :url => { :action => :dynamic_phase_update },                                                                  :with => :value %>">         <%= options_from_collection_for_select @jobs, "No_", "selection_description", @selected_job %>       </select>     </td>   </tr>   <tr>    <td><label for="job_code">Job (Codeeingabe)</label></td>    <td><input type="text" id="job_code" name="job_code" value=""               onblur="<%=remote_function :update => :phase_selection_cell,                                          :url => { :action => :dynamic_phase_update },                                          :with => :value %>" />            </td>   </tr>

Now, the above works just fine with Firefox, but IE takes a couple of select box updates to get things to work. From what I can determine from my logging output, IE doesn't send the value of the text field or select field for the first couple of triggered events.

Is there some workaround for this behaviour?

Regs, Sven